FREEThink 2016 Recap
Another FREEThink success!
We had a record setting number of uh-mazing volunteers this year! They donated their time and talents to help three local nonprofits in need. Each nonprofit had a team devoted to working on their requested marketing and creative materials. It all started with coffee and FREEThinker hoorahs, then client meetings to kick-off the projects, which all paved the way towards well-deserved gelato pops and lively creative presentations. As you can imagine, the nonprofits were SO happy and SO grateful!
- 136 Volunteer Hours Donated
- 39 Marketing Assets Created
- 55 Paninis Devoured
- 60 Gelato Pops Enjoyed (thank you Devine Gelateria!)
- 3 Happy Nonprofits
In addition to the marketing deliverables, each nonprofit also received: A printing consultation for all design assets, a 30-second commercial on behalf of the Art Institute of California — Sacramento and a 1-hour consultation with a nonprofit branding expert.
Who Were The Nonprofits You Ask?
- Mission: Founded in 1983, Loaves & Fishes feeds the hungry and shelters the homeless. We provide an oasis of welcome, safety, and cleanliness for homeless men, women and children seeking survival services. We are the largest local provider of comprehensive services for the homeless, providing for the needs over 13,000 guests each year.
- The Ask: Marketing Collateral — Two Information Brochure Designs + Copywriting, Big Day of Giving Concepting + Digital Assets for Social Media, Email Template Campaign Concept + Design
[button url=http://www.aafsacadclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Freethink_pres_LoavesandFishes_FINAL.pdf target=blank size=14 icon=gallery]L&F FREEThink Creative Presentation[/button]
- Mission: The Sacramento Valley Conservancy preserves the beauty, character and diversity of the Sacramento Valley landscape by working with citizens, property owners, developers, public agencies and other nonprofit organizations. It preserves dedicated open space by the acceptance of gifts, private purchase, facilitation of public acquisition, conservation easements and by cooperative efforts.
- The Ask: Brand Development — New Brand Identity system for 3 Separate Properties + Brand Messaging, Merchandise Concepting + Design, Social Media Skins
[button url=http://www.aafsacadclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Sacramento-Valley-Conservancy-Final-Presentation.pdf target=blank size=14 icon=gallery]SVC FREEThink Creative Presentation[/button]
- Mission: La Familia Counseling Center improves the quality of life for at-risk youth and families of diverse backgrounds by offering multicultural counseling, support and outreach services and programs to help families overcome adversity, become empowered and succeed in their lives.
- The Ask: Brand Development — Logo Development, Merchandise Design, Marketing Kit Concepting + Design (Brochure, Rack Cards), Donation Card/Envelope Concepting + Design, Website Information Architecture Recommendations, Big Day of Giving Digital Assets for Social Media
[button url=http://www.aafsacadclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/FREEThink_Presentation_2016_La_Familia.pdf target=blank size=14 icon=gallery]LFCC FREEThink Creative Presentation[/button]
A BIG thank you to everyone involved.
We couldn't have made this happen without the passionate individuals behind the nonprofits working hard to better our community, and the wonderful support from our talented volunteers and local sponsors (thank you Emcee Design for donating the creative work space).
It’s never too late to show your support by purchasing a FREEThink Tee!