FREEThink 2017 Recap
We FREEThinkin’ Did it!
Our 4th annual FREEThink event had a record setting number of uh-mazing volunteers donating their time and talents to help three local nonprofits. Life OnTrak, YMCA (Sacramento) and Fresher Sacramento were not just grateful for the FREE work, they were truly impressed with the caliber of professionals in this town.
Over $93,000 of pro bono services have been donated from AAF Sacramento’s FREEThink public service program this year — in-kind media, branding, marketing, graphic design and volunteer support.
In addition to the marketing deliverables, each nonprofit also received a printing consultation for all design assets as well as complimentary print production services.
- $93,000+ of Pro Bono Services Donated
- $37,700 of In-kind Media Secured (to date)
- 386 Volunteer Hours Donated
- 48 Marketing Assets Created
- 3 Stoked Nonprofits
This year we expanded our reach by collaborating with Social Venture Partners, Sacramento (a global network that unites the power of the business community with the passion of the nonprofit world). A truly integrated and collaborative effort to support our local nonprofits! Read more.
The partnership helped establish the club’s first-ever ‘American Advertising Federation FREEThink Award’ — supporting 1 nonprofit with $15,000 of in-kind branding, marketing, graphic design, and volunteer support from the AAF Sacramento’s FREEThink public service program.
Who Were The Nonprofits You Ask?
Of the 20 nonprofits that participated in this year’s Social Venture Partners Fast Pitch event, these 3 were awarded additional marketing support from FREEThink’s 2017 design-a-thon weekend:
- Mission: We train at-risk teens and young adults as Fresher Chefs, enabling them to develop workforce and entrepreneurial skills. They then market and produce healthier take home meals that are more affordable and convenient than typical fast food, providing the nutrition needed for children to concentrate and succeed in school.
- The Ask: Brand Development — video storyboard, a pop-up marketplace experience and several marketing collateral executions to build brand awareness.
[button url=http://www.aafsacadclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Freethink_Pres_2017_Fresher-Sac_FINAL.pdf target=blank size=14 icon=gallery]Fresher FREEThink Creative Presentation[/button]
- Mission: Our mission is to Inspire all to a healthy life — in spirit, mind and body. We do this through programs focused on the healthy development of children, helping people of all ages develop and maintain healthy lives, and addressing community critical needs through relevant and socially responsible programs, like the Safety Around Water Program.
- The Ask: Integrated Campaign Development for the Safety Around Water Program.
[button url=http://www.aafsacadclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/YMCA_Creative-Presentation_FREEThink2017_FINAL.pdf target=blank size=14 icon=gallery]YMCA FREEThink Creative Presentation[/button]
3) Life OnTrak
- Mission: We are committed to making the world a better place for our neighborhoods and our children by dedicating ourselves to helping individuals achieve stronger financial outcomes. Through collaboration, creating dialogue, and increasing education to financial literacy, we strive to enhance the quality of life in underserved communities.
- The Ask: Conduct and brand audit and rebrand the organization in an effort to adapt to a market shift.
[button url=http://www.aafsacadclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/LifeOnTrak_FREEThink_Presentation_2017_FINAL.pdf target=blank size=14 icon=gallery]LOT FREEThink Creative Presentation[/button]
IMPACT TO DATE: Four years of FREEThinkin’ success.
Over $176,000 of Pro Bono Services Donated — 938 Volunteer Hours Contributed — 126 Marketing Assets Created — 12 Local Nonprofits Served.
A BIG thank you to everyone involved.
We couldn’t have made this happen without the wonderful support from our sponsors, talented volunteers and the passionate individuals behind the nonprofits working hard to better our community (thank you MeringCarson and emcee11d for donating the creative work space). To find out more about the nonprofits, volunteering, donating or becoming a media sponsor please email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.